Thursday 1 January 2009

2008 - a review

OK, one of my new year's resolution is going to be not to try and match Jenny anymore, despite how wonderful I think she would be with the person I'm trying to match her with. (Cue Jenny's /sigh face.) Considering there are only 2 more days until New Year's Eve, I should think of some new New Year's resolutions.

Well, I don't think I did that much Jenny/YC matching this year - although, there were other circumstances that stopped me, more than my consciously trying to stop, so I can't really take credit for that one.

I want to try more new things, so I will resolve to say "no" less.

To some degree, I did say "no" less, but after things started getting really busy, I found I was saying no to things not because I didn't want to do them, but because I didn't have time, which is pretty unfortunate. =(

I resolve to take better care of myself, and eat better, do more exercise, and stop calling pringles a good breakfast.

Dismally failed this one. T_T

I resolve to cook more meals, rather than taking the easy way out with microwavable meals.


I did a lot more cooking this year, though mostly Italian food involving pre-made stuff out of a jar, so it doesn't really count. I baked quite a bit of stuff, and learned how to make cheesecake and eclairs. =)

I resolve to stop insisting that I'm right all the time, even when I know I am.

I think this was the most successful out of all of my resolutions, and it has definitely come in handy. Dealing with people, I've found that it's much easier to simply accept to myself that I'm right, and if they're that determined to believe that what they think is right, then that's fine with me.

I resolve to be more direct with people, rather than skirting around the truth.

Dismally failed. Unfortunately, the change in my friendship group this year has meant that there are a lot of secrets that are going around, which I somehow let myself get caught up in all the time. T_T


I mentioned last year that I spilled beer at Beans' New Year's party, and that was a sign, well, it was a sign. Not only did I spill some beer at work, I had beer spilled on me at the cricket. T_T As well as other people randomly throughout the year, I wonder what this year's sign was, because there wasn't really anything big that happened.

January
-was told that I'm not as annoying as I think I am
-started making 1000 cranes
-won $5 from Kalg

February
-became a homewrecker
-met MrMan5.5
-tried to use a salsa jar as a pick-up line
-most comments ever on one of my blog posts
-went paintballing
-baked a non-dairy chocolate-chip sponge cake
-started the match making contest with QC

March
-Korsair tries to become a cradle robber and date Amanda
-agonising over MrMan5.5
-thought about talking to Alex more (though that ended up failing)
-started dating MrMan5.5
-Anjman is a Kenyan

April
-became treasurer of SEE
-QC won the matchmaking contest

May
-groped by a weirdo at Glen Waverly
-went to a Krav Maga session
-started boycotting fast food places that didn't ask me which drink I wanted

June
-started playing Guild Wars
-bought my PSP

July
-found decent non-dairy cheese.
-had my 21st a.k.a. 22nd and a third

August
-realised I'm not a real arts student
-pounder challenge
-found out about sticks on the ground and sticks in the hand

September
-started the unsuccessful #emo
-Super Chris got me into books about hackers
-went to Manifest

October
-started training for the pizza eating contest at Armageddon
-bought TF2

November
-started and failed NaNoWriMo

December
-Christmas!
-passed all of my subjects
-never have to do 440 again!
-baked stuff for people instead of sending Christmas cards.

No comments: