Monday 13 April 2015

Chill Lunch

I had lunch today with Grad Daniel, Intern Daniel, Uni Paul and Grad Paul. I don't know why, but it makes me so happy when I'm with people who share the same name. I even managed to get the two Daniels to sit on one side of the table and the two Pauls to sit on the other side. We had a super delicious lunch of KFC, but I ate so much of it that I felt a bit like throwing up. Grad Paul and I split a Streetwise Feast (6 pieces of original recipe, 6 nuggets, 3 chicken strips and 2 large chips).

It was good fun to hang out with people, without anything hanging over my head. As usual, I was the slowest one at eating, so by the end of my lunch, everyone was watching me eat. Uni Paul said that nobody was leaving until I finished my food, so I managed to stuff the last three pieces of chicken into my mouth somehow, so we could go back to work.

Uni Paul and Grad Daniel were reminiscing about growing up in the not-so-nice suburbs, and how there was a prostitution ring going on at one of their nearby schools. They said that there was a 15-year-old girl who needed money for something, so she agreed to sleep with other students for sex during one of their spare periods. Then some other girls did it as well just because. Yep. I like to think that no matter how many druggies we had at my high school, at least we didn't have a prostitution ring. I have to say, despite everything, Uni Paul and Grad Daniel turned out OK.

I had a really good time at lunch today. It was really nice to just chill and chat about things other than work, or relationships. The relationship I have with these people means that we tend to make fun of each other as a sign of affection - especially Intern Daniel. Everyone is just so relaxed and I don't ever feel like everything is a competition. I can say what's on my mind. It's really hard to pin down what it is - the five of us have very different backgrounds, but we seem to be able to talk to each other so easily. It's really what the doctor ordered, a nice, greasy stress-free lunch. I highly recommend it.

No comments: