Saturday 11 February 2017

Wifezilla


Here's the chat as a larger screenshot, if you were too lazy to click the above image:


So the comment that annoyed me was the one saying, "An Engagement Party? And the Fiance to be allowed this?!?!?"

I think I've ranted about this before, but when we were planning the wedding, the wedding planner kept looking to me for confirmation about everything, and insinuating that it was meant to be my day. But it isn't. It's a day that's meant to celebrate the two of us becoming a legally married couple. I really resent the idea that the wife is the controlling one in the relationship.

I feel like a marriage, or any long term relationship, should be about people entering a mutually beneficial relationship. You give up some of your freedom, at the expense of certain benefits, similar to how society as a whole has come together. Sure, I can't eat fried chicken every day, but I have someone who takes care of me. I don't think of it so much as controlling, but more as giving up some of your liberties for the sake of the relationship. And to be honest, fried chicken really is bad for me.

This was going to turn into a post about people wanting their partners to game, but after speaking to Pharmacist and MrFodder about it, I think I might do a poll first, so that post will have to wait.

No comments: