Saturday 5 July 2008

(D) More Boring Emo Complaining From Me

I don't know why, but I've been so insecure lately. I'm wondering what happened to the self-sufficient Anna who was able to do things without having to rely on other people. Since we started going out, every time I've been a bit sad, I relied on MrMan5.5 to make me feel better, but yesterday I realised he has his own life and things to deal with, and I can't keep doing that. I should really do more stuff on my own rather than being one of those annoying clingy girlfriends who calls their boyfriend every 5 minutes because they practically can't breathe without hearing the sound of his voice. Urgh, please don't ever let me be like that.

Normally, if someone else came to me feeling like this, I'd tell them to go and do whatever it is that cheers them up, but now I'm starting to realise how they feel because at the moment, I'm feeling a bit apathetic. Maybe this is a good thing, as people who have gone through something are better suited to helping someone else, right? Maybe my calling doesn't lie in the software industry, but in the social work industry?

Usually some sort of project helps get my mind off things, and Autofix and I are working on a Warcraft III map at the moment. I've had a little experience with Starcraft maps, and Auto has found some nice trigger templates we can use, so it should be fun once we iron out a few details. Now I just need the motivation to start.

I keep thinking about Jello's advice every time <One> wiped on something and people starting crying about armour repair costs - "Harden the fuck up!" Something to leave for tomorrow. Today, I think I'm going to do what fat people do best, and eat my sorrows away. Copious amounts of junk food awaits me in the kitchen.

No comments: