Wednesday 16 July 2008

Memorabilia

On the train home from Batman: Gotham Knight, the train heading towards my station went past the train heading back towards the city. I was reading a book, and just happened to look up as the train was going by, and it was going so fast that my first thought was that I was going to die (yes, I'm a melodramatic). My second thought was that I was going to die with a DVD from Super Chris with "Hentai Sampler" written on it - which is something I don't want found on me when they dig through the remains and try to work out who I am (no offense, Super Chris) - not because I don't like hentai, but because I don't want that to be one of the things my parents have to pick up from the morgue when they go to get my possessions. Well, I know it'd be all scratched and unwatchable, but I'd bet if the train had crashed, the label on the DVD would have been legible.

For the rest of the ride home, I started to think about the things I wouldn't want found on me when I die:

-anything to do with Big Brother. With the exception of the Joe Schmo Show, which I got hooked on because the "contestant" Matt was so sweet, I hate reality TV with a passion. It's not "reality", and one of the things that makes Ben Elton so awesome (read "Chart Throb" and "Dead Famous" if you haven't already - they're satirical books based on "Big Brother" and "<country> Idol").

-a tennis racquet. Tennis stole my Daniel Jackson!

Actually, now that I think about it, why do I care what I'm found with when I'm dead, because I'll be dead?

I'm so sick of "21st" stuff now. I didn't even want to have a 21st in the first place, but Sharon, Anjelica and Amanda kept telling me to have one, so now I am. My plan for my actual 21st was to go to the supermarket, buy one of those microwave dinners, and eat it while playing WoW. Now it seems I'm going to a bar, mum is yelling at me about everything, people keep calling me when I want to sleep, and I'm seriously wishing the train did crash.

So yeah, if you're undecided about whether you want to come or not, please don't. That can be my birthday present. Thanks.

I really shouldn't post while feeling so emo.

No comments: