Saturday 1 November 2008

And Then There Were None

NaNoWriMo has started, and yet I'm writing a blog post instead of writing my story - procrastination knows now bounds. Today was the last day of "440 DotA", which is kind of sad, because I really enjoyed playing DotA with the other 440 (and a few 340) students. I was pretty surprised to find out that Jason (a random 340 guy who did the database project with me and QC) is actually really good at DotA, and it was nice to see how most of the Team D players who had little experience improved so much throughout the year - Tom in particular. I remember my first game with him, Tracy kept pinging his position on the map and saying, "Food" (ie. someone to feed on for exp and gold), but now he's usually able to hold his own in 1v1, and is even giving advice to other people.

Anyway, as I mentioned, my blogs will be disappearing for a bit, and being replaced by the story I'm writing for NaNoWriMo (though I get the feeling my procrastinating will mean I end up writing blog posts anyway >_<). So if you're not really interested in reading my story (can't really describe what it'll be about yet, as I haven't played that far ahead, but I've decided that it'll be a fantasy story.

Goodbye for now, good luck to those who have exams/essays to write in the next month or so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nanowrimo.org must be either on the most terrible budget hosting plan ever or their site is being constantly flooded by people, because I can never connect to it :(

What's this mysterious topic you thought of to write about for nanowehaveshithostingwrimo?