Tuesday 1 September 2015

In Case I Don't See You

It's settled, I am Truman Burbank.



It happened again! Which makes it 3 out of 3 times. 

I told my friends at work about it, and none of them believed me, so because we had our fortnightly game today, I decided to see if it would happen again in order to prove it to them. And I was a bit doubtful at first, but once again, was presented with two bags, one of them with a lot of chips (though less than I remember) and another massive bag with just my burger in it (usually, the chips and the burger go in the same bag, at least that's what happens when the other people in my office order from there). I have to say, I'm not complaining, I am just really curious why it's happening!



So now I have a new theory. By pure co-incidence, my allergies have triggered a secret code. When I order my burger, I ask for no cheese, no mayo. I think this is some sort of secret code identifying me as the messenger. By showing up and putting in my order, the cashier is responding with another code word, "That's $9.50 please", at which I fumble around for a 50 cent coin, but to no avail, and apologise. She replies, "That's OK" and hands me my ticket. The purpose of the giant serving of chips is that I'm supposed to take it back to the secret hideout where they do money laundering and drug running, and share with the other people at the "office".

Instead, I am ruining their plans and taking it back to my co-workers to snack on while we trade wheat for wood and steal longest road (I won today, yay!). Between the five of us, we didn't manage to finish the bag of chips, and I ate a lot more than I should have because I hate wasting food. :(

Anyway, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.

No comments: