Wednesday 13 December 2017

Once You Go Black


As Pharmacist put it:
crush on black intensifies
I first noticed Black back in TI2, I think it was. He did a player interview, and talked about what he would do with the money if he won. He said he really wanted to win so that he could buy a house for his parents. Which is pretty much my goal in life, so that immediately warmed him to me.

I can't say what he's like behind the scenes, but he seems to be a really friendly player, and if I were famous for something, I'd like to behave like him.

He doesn't seem over-the-top arrogant, and not your typical dudebro. There's a video of him from TI4 where he was asked to sign a QoP cosplayer's boobs, and as you can imagine, it's really awkward. He looks really uncomfortable about the whole thing. Which I found endearing. Which is the weirdest thing I've had to write today. He addresses it in his IAmA:


I also read that he hung around signing autographs long after a lot of the other players had left.

Plus, he replied to me when I asked if we could meet (we couldn't, unfortunately).


And this was after I wrote him a 3 paragraph message asking him to meet up. So he's no single-line-response NiceMoustacheGuy!

I don't seem to be loyal to any particular team. I mostly follow certain players: black^, iceiceice, kpii, Akke.

Look at Kpii's adorable drawing of Tidehunter!


For me, I enjoy seeing people with nice personalities than spectacular Dota playing. Probably why I wasn't super upset that Newbee lost this year.

Speaking of building snowmen, I've been slowly making progress with this song.


Not that it means I can sing now, but at least I'm getting more and more in tune for this particular song! MrFodder was humming it earlier, and I was surprised he even knew the song as he had only seen the movie once, and I purposely avoid playing the game when he's around so he doesn't have to hear my bad singing. He said that I hum this song quite regularly, seemingly without realising!

No comments: