Wednesday 19 April 2017

A Long Challenge Ahead


Well, after lots of trash talking in the office, I finally convinced D to play a friendly game of Dota 2 with me. We played on the same team with one of his friends and crushed the bots easily. So I agreed to playing a friendly game against them. D randomed and I wanted to pick phantom assassin, but one of the bots picked it, so I went Viper instead.


I started off OK, but really started to fall off at around the 25 minute mark. I think the hardest part for me was trying to stem the flow of the bots feeding one by one after a certain point. It's true that the bots buy wards for you, but they don't seem to place them very often, with CM having 11 wards in her inventory at one point. When Legion Commander got a Shadow Blade, he kept sneaking up on me, and it was very hard for me to get enough vision to avoid him.

D (Sniper) didn't really contribute much in the game, so as mean as it is, I think I can ignore him.

redbeanpork suggested playing Tinker, which was one of my initial thoughts. I can just keep pushing out all of the lanes and teleporting all over the map. However, if I'm going to do it, I'll have to be on top of buying all of the wards before the bots do, otherwise I won't have any vision on the map. I also don't know if having the lanes pushed is a good idea, as it'll give them more room to farm, and my bots more room to feed. There will be more pressure for me to finish the game before they get strong enough to beat the bots.

Urgh, I really can't believe I lost this game. They both bought boots first. I LOST TO PEOPLE WHO BUY BOOTS FIRST.

Going into the office tomorrow morning is not going to be fun....

I don't even feel confident about my Shadow Fiend anymore.

No comments: