Thursday 13 April 2017

Let It Go


When I was in grade 6, someone made fun of the way that I laughed, and said, "Your laugh is so quiet, like a little giggle. You sound like you're trying not to laugh." Ever since then, I've tried to laugh a lot harder and louder. This was suppressed again once I hit high school, as I guess it wasn't "cool" to laugh at things, I don't know. Blah blah blah, teenage mind. Thankfully, I grew out of it again during my uni years. When I find something funny, I just completely let go.

Now MrFodder makes fun of my laughing, but for a different reason. Sometimes I start laughing, and it becomes this uncontrollable laughter that just completely consumes me. Nothing can break it, and I have to let it run its course.

I've found that laughing is ridiculously contagious. Often, I'll start laughing at something that isn't even that funny, but because I'm laughing so hard, the people around me start laughing, too, and that just makes me laugh even harder. Then the uncontrollable laughing begins, and they start laughing at that, which triggers even more laughing from me.

The above picture was taken from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG_XYFTp0xo

He's laughing at something another player said, and he just can't stop himself. He even analysis his own laughter in the next video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3WCoU_li_c&feature=youtu.be&t=1m53s

Which just makes the whole thing even funnier.

Ever since I changed from the light giggling to the deep belly laugh, I've found that life has been a lot more enjoyable. Things that aren't really all that funny become funnier, and because other people around you are laughing, it makes it even nicer. I don't even care that they're laughing at me, because it just feels really good to laugh.

I stayed at home sick today, and came across the videos on reddit, and they made me start laughing uncontrollably - which is really weird, laughing by yourself at home. I've noticed that when I'm by myself and I see a funny picture, I'll chuckle a bit internally, but never actually laugh. As soon as I know someone is around, even if they're just messaging me on Skype, I find that a similar level of funny will cause me to laugh out loud. But these Day[9] videos made me laugh uncontrollably despite the fact that I was completely alone at home.

And it felt so good.

No comments: