Tuesday 25 July 2017

No Good Deed


We have a challenge at work where if you catch someone who has left their computer unlocked, you get to change their background picture to an almost inappropriate looking photo of a certain actor. We have a running tally of who has managed to catch whom. The point is to encourage people to be more security aware, and lock their computers when they aren't there.

I did it to one of my co-workers, who hadn't previously been caught before, and it took him a long time to realise (because he had so many windows open). It seems he hadn't heard about this challenge before, so he was quite shocked when he saw the photo and began to panic, thinking that there was something wrong with his computer.

Fortunately, one of our other teammates noticed, and explained the challenge to him.

Unfortunately, he left his computer unlocked again that same day, and Jal took the opportunity to get him again.and score a point.

It seems he felt quite embarrassed about being caught twice in the same day, and I felt bad, as he has always been so nice to me, so I said that I'd make him some waffles over the weekend to make up for it.

I left this on his desk in the morning, and he said to me, "Well, now I'm glad that I left my computer unlocked."

He left his computer unlocked again that day.

Gah!

No comments: