Monday 27 November 2017

Affogadon't


(Yes, I realise they're called affogato and not affogado.)

I won a bet earlier in the year - two affogato (affogati?). Not being a coffee drinker, and since I've had enough dairy for a while, I decided to get them for someone else.

As typically happens during an office coffee break, the gossip starts. I think being a water-drinker, this is one of the things I miss out on the most. I think it's a good thing, as I'd rather steer clear of the office gossip, but it does mean that you learn a lot about the machinations behind all the decisions that happen at work.

I'm kinda making up for it, as I've discovered some hot chocolate drinkers on the team, and now we're on the quest to find the best hot chocolate around. One of them said he'd take me to his favourite place, which is gânache on Collins St. Since hot chocolate doesn't take nearly as long to drink as coffee, the breaks are a lot shorter, so I don't learn as much, but I'm enjoying the chance to get to know a couple of other people on my team who I otherwise have nothing in common with.

Speaking of commonalities, my new team seems to be more into EPL than AFL, so I'm trying to pick an EPL team. I did a personality quiz a while ago that said my team should be Watford. I like them because they have a moose on their logo, and moose are well-loved in Sweden, but also because when we went to the Harry Potter Studio while we were in London, we had to catch the bus from Watford Junction. One person said he doesn't care which team I pick as long as it's Manchester United, and another person said he doesn't care which team I pick as long as it's not Everton. All I know about Man U is this scene from Eurotrip:


Vinnie Jones is great. But that hooligan life isn't for me.

I wonder if coffee has become the new golf. Rather than people discussing things on the back 9, people discuss things during their coffee breaks. I feel like some people have one face while in the office, and one face while at the café. I found the affogato journey today pretty fascinating, but this is going to be another one of those vague-blogs, because I think this was another one of those Fight Club conversations. Maybe I'll try drinking decaf. Although, MrFodder seems to find it hilarious when I do drink coffee, as he says I'm really hyper and jump off the walls.

No comments: