Monday 19 June 2017

Choc-Chip Cookie Bake-Off!


Captain was baking choc-chip cookies for a morning tea and I challenged him to a bake-off. In exchange for him baking me some cookies, I had to change my Facebook cover photo to a picture of myself as the MGM lion from the James Bond parody I made. Well worth it.

My usual go-to recipe is the Serious Eats choc-chip cookie recipe, which I made using regular plain flour, so the cookies were somewhat chewy, but also spread out quite a lot.

We had 6 judges, and *drumroll*, I won the initial vote 4-2. However, after excluding two of the judges for being biased, the vote ended up tied. :(

I think both of the cookies had merit, with Captain's cookies being a lot thicker, but with a stronger flour and butter flavour. I liked the texture of his cookies, and I think I will try bread flour again.

D's friend who played against me in the 3v1 Dota game is really nice, and I found out that he loves cookies. So I've been super keen to meet him, and when I do, I want to bring him some cookies so that I'll make a good first impression on him. He said he prefers softer, chewy cookies, so that's what I'm aiming for.

No comments: