Friday 30 June 2017

Docklands Firelight Festival


Brr.... it's cold in here! So they had a festival in the Docklands with fires in barrels so we could hobo it up. One of my co-workers said that he was going to take photos (he won an award last year), so I thought I'd go and see him work his magic. I went there after work, and it wasn't too crowded, which was nice. There were some brass bands playing, and whatever this instrument is called:


The smell of food from the nearby stalls was amazing, and there was a place that sold vegan crêpes!


Mine were better.... >_> Although mine weren't vegan, since they had egg. But I did like the poached pears they had in it.

I went to the water to try and stand in a good spot for the fireworks. My co-worker said to get there at 6:30, and it was 6pm, so I was right at the front.

By 6:15, my fingers were starting to get numb from the cold.

By 6:30, I saw no sign of my co-worker (whose phone number I don't have), and I checked the Facebook page. Fireworks due to start at 8pm.

My fingers felt frozen. And I was standing really close to one of the fire barrels. I didn't think I could survive until 8pm, and Lenny said it was going to get to 0 degrees overnight, so I decided to leave.

I'm going to a photography course run by my co-worker anyway, so I'll get to see him another time.

Music was nice, food looked good (though I ended up heading home for dinner), it was just too cold for me - it's definitely Winter now!

No comments: