Friday 20 June 2008

WTB Temporal Lobe Lobotomy

My brain hurts. Trying to stuff a semester's worth of information into your head in one day is a bad, bad idea. I've had 4 days to study since my databases exam. In the meantime, I've picked up a copy of Guild Wars, picked up my PSP + FFVII: Crisis Core, went on a last minute doughnut hunt, and made so many plans for the holidays.

Taking a short break from studying, I've written about 30 pages of notes today, and my hand hurts. I don't want to end up like poor Horse-David and injure one of the tendons in my wrist from writing and typing too much (though I guess blogging doesn't help all that much). Oh well.

I was thinking about whether ignorance is bliss. I read a post (in the LJ committe overheardinmelb) about someone who ordered a drink from Boost, told them that there was something wrong with it and wanted a replacement, then overheard the manager telling the employee not to throw her old drink away because they could reuse it for another customer. The location of the Boost store wasn't disclosed, so ever since then, I haven't bought a drink from Boost. =/ The thing is, I used to always get a banana smoothie from Boost (soy milk and sorbet instead of milk and yoghurt - which I think makes it taste better because the sorbet makes it nice and thick). I had one every single day when I was last in Sydney - mostly because there was one near the bus terminal where I always went to.

I'm pretty sure there are some things you've read in this blog that you've thought, "Wow, I really didn't need to know that..." or things you encounter every day.

So just for my entertainment, could you please leave a comment (or an IM offline message) about something you think I didn't need, or want, to know? Thanks in advance.

(Comments warning: you might not want to read the comments, given my request. =/)

1 comment:

Luke said...

You don't really want a temporal lobe lobotomy, I bet you just want a hug. *hug*