Thursday 10 August 2017

Couch to Melbourne Marathon



I've been thinking about doing this for a while now. To be honest, I find it a bit stupid to pay someone else money for me to put myself through pain, but MrFodder reminded me of the $400 challenge. A told me that it's a mostly flat run, and it's a different experience running in a proper race, compared to running by yourself, so it's something I should experience.

I bumped into someone at the office, who was one of the first people I met when I joined the bank. He can get over 13 on the beep test, and is incredibly fit. Despite my constant insistence that I'd rather play computer games, and I'm not the kind of person who does sports, he would keep telling me that anyone can be active if they work for it. He has always been really friendly and encouraging. He never pushed me to do anything that I wasn't comfortable doing, but would always gently prod me to move out of my comfort zone, telling me that he wanted to see me grow stronger.

A and I were chatting about the Melbourne Marathon when he came up to say hi. When he realised that I was considering it, he put his hand on my shoulder, looked me in the eyes and said, "I'm so proud of you, Fodder." And that was when I decided that I was going to sign up.

Need to push myself to be more disciplined and start getting up early again.

I've signed up for the 10km over 60 minute run. I don't even really care what my time is, just getting to the finish line will be enough of an achievement for me.

No comments: