Wednesday 30 August 2017

Melbourne Day


Today marks 182 years since Melbourne was founded. There was a celebratory flag raising in Enterprize Park, which I never even knew existed, but is near the aquarium. The ceremony was at 11am, but I figured there would be a lot of talking and I didn't really want to spend 30 minutes of my lunch break listening to random people talking.

I ended up getting there at around 11:40, but it was already over by then! Not only that, but nearly everyone was gone. I guess not everyone was as excited about Melbourne Day as I was.

I didn't get to see the flag raising, but I did get to see the flag. I had no idea we even had a flag.

Through the 365 day photo challenge, I have been seeing more of the city than I had before, and after it warms up a little, and I have more weekends free, I would love to see more of Melbourne, and other parts of Victoria. It's starting to feel wrong that there are all these places that people will fly from other countries to see that I've never even been to! I just wish I had more time on the weekends, though I could probably play less Dota....

No comments: