Saturday 26 August 2017

QVM - Borek Bakehouse


I've been meaning to go to the Borek Bakehouse for a while, as it keeps coming up on those list of cheap eats in Melbourne. It's on Elizabeth Street, not far from the Queen Victoria Market. (OK, it seems that's untrue, as boreks seem to have fallen off the cheap eats lists.)


They also do gözlemes, but they're famous for their boreks - as you can probably guess from the name. For $3.50, I found it was more than enough for lunch.


The boreks themselves are just a dough wrapped around a filling and baked. I bought the spicy lamb and vegetables one.


These weren't filled as much as I'd have liked, but as I mentioned earlier, it was more than enough for lunch. It was lamb mince, and I'm not really sure what the "vegetables" were, unless only onion is enough to count as "vegetables".


It was tasty, and I did like the flavour of the pastry. Probably not something I'd eat that often though, as it was mostly pastry. But for $3.50, I'm not complaining.

No comments: