Saturday 27 November 2010

More Stats

Doing all of this in Excel makes me realise how much I miss SPSS. Thought about installing R, which I might end up doing next time I do stats related stuff and have the bandwidth.

WoW players and sexual activity

As many people have said, losing your virginity isn't the same as being sexually active. As Graham put it, you only have to lose it once to get kicked out of the V-Club, so as people get older, they are more and more likely to have lost it. If this were a longitudinal study, I would expect everyone to have lost it eventually. So with the same 38 people, here are the stats with sexual activity instead.

22 WoW players, 9 of which are currently sexually active.
16 non-WoW players, 6 of which are currently sexually active.

Chi-Squared test showed no significant difference (X^2 = 0.047, p > .05).

Hardcore vs single/multiplayer

Seeing as I didn't make that part of my survey compulsory, I did have one missing value, which I've decided to just delete. I've had a few comments about this question, the most prominent being that certain people prefer different types of games depending on the mood they are in. I'm not too sure how I would change that if I were to run the survey again, but keep that in mind when you read the results.

So we had 37 results.
24 defined themselves has hardcore gamers, 5 of which preferred single-player, and 19 of which preferred multi-player.
13 defined themselves as not hardcore gamers, 6 of which preferred single-player, and 7 of which preferred multi-player.

Chi-squared test showed no significant difference between the two (X^2=2.6, p > .05).

No comments: