Monday 15 November 2010

Guy In Real Life

I am told that the girlfriend of one of my ex-WoW-guildies (let's call him PW for now) wants to meet me. It was something completely out of the blue, PW and I have barely spoken since I quit. Not that I mind meeting new people, and it's always nice to meet the partners of my friends, but usually that happens as a consequence of something else, like when we get together as a group and they bring their partner along. Not something that's pre-arranged for the single purpose of introducing each other. Stranger yet, why would she want to meet me? We don't live near each other, and are extremely unlikely to bump into each other or hang out together - I don't even think we have anything in common.

Then I found out the reason. I had commented on one of PW's Facebook statuses, and she found out I was one of his female WoW friends, and all of a sudden she wanted to meet me. Well, to be fair, of all of PW's female WoW friends, I believe he has slept with probably half of them (or wanted to), so maybe she just wanted to check if I was a threat? She just wants to meet me to see if I look like my level 26 blood elf priest, that's OK, right?

Exactly what I look like, true story

Wait, what? That's not OK! First of all, my main is an undead priest (and I wear shoes - actually, I lie, my UD priest doesn't seem to wear shoes either)! Secondly, what did I even do? Why am I travelling to the other side of the city to ease someone else's insecurity? I'm half tempted to do a QC and "like" everything on his Facebook, as well as commenting with love hearts or something to everything that he says. But I'm too lazy.

I just know that if I meet up with her, I'm going to overanalyse everything I say and do and end up stressing myself out. T_T

No comments: