Friday 13 March 2015

Good News, Everybody

I had intended for today's post to feature two results: one from my Oracle Java SE 7 Programmer I exam, and one from my STI test that I did last week. Well, I've been trying to contact the health clinic for the past week, but seem to be quite unlucky as whenever I call, there is nobody there to answer test result queries. However, the doctor did say that no news is good news, and that they tend to only call people if something comes up in the test. Since it has been over a week, I'm fairly confident that I've tested negative for everything they were testing for, but I will try again on Monday.

As for the first thing I mentioned, as of today, I am officially an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 7 programmer! So relieved that I didn't have to crawl back to the office in shame. Now the other developers on my team are joking that I'm the Java guru, and asking me all kinds of complicated questions about things that weren't on the exam. :'( One of the other developers also told me that if you put the certification on your resume, you will get asked tricky questions if you make it to the interview stage. At this moment, I'm fairly confident I will be able to answer their tricky questions. A few weeks or months from now.... not so confident.

I'm feeling pretty over the moon right now. No more exam related stress, just the wedding to go now, which means I can go back to looking at pretty hotels on Monaco.

Short post today, because I still have to write one tonight for tomorrow!

-------------------------------------------------------

Today I learned that in Java, methods in interfaces are public by default. I learned a lot of stuff about Java that I didn't know before, I could probably write an entire blog post about it, but I won't, because that would be boring.

No comments: