Saturday 21 March 2015

Wedding Photo Book Arrived

Unrelated to today's topic, but yesterday, someone at work challenged me to a push-up challenge. It's actually really nice, as I've lost a lot of motivation to work out after the last beep test. I had no goal other than wanting to maintain my current weight, so I was just going to the gym and doing whatever I felt like. If I saw someone using a machine that I thought looked fun, I'd ask one of the instructors how to use it and give it a shot (P.S. the rowing machine isn't nearly as easy as it looks). Now I have some direction! I'm not entirely sure what the challenge involves yet, but I'm going to train for it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The photo book for the wedding arrived. I said I'd post some pictures, so I will do it now (they're not as blurry in real life - I've just blurred some of the faces out. Or maybe I got the same person who retouched this painting. Yeah... I'll go with that.











It ended up being 60 pages long, which was quite difficult to fill. I think it took me about 20 hours, all up. So I'm all photobook'd out at the moment. Which is wonderful, because after our wedding, we get to sit with our lovely photographers and make another two photobooks! At least the photos will be a lot nicer, as they'll have been taken by a professional.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but the idea of the book was to have it as the guest book that people sign at the wedding. Initially, I wanted to model it off Carl and Ellie's adventure book from the movie Up, but in the end, it didn't really fit, as they were photos of things we'd already done, rather than stuff we wanted to do. I'm really sad that I forgot to put in a photo of Derek Zoolander in there though, as that movie was the movie that brought us together. Although I'm a bit worried that people won't want to draw over the pictures. So maybe I'll have to pretend to sign some names so that the guests will catch on.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The book is pretty big, 12" x 12" (30cm x 30cm), which is why I couldn't hold it up to take photos. Again, the 123Cheese software kept telling me that all of my photos were too low resolution to use in the book, but all of them look fine to me. However, I also can't tell the difference between DVD and Blu Ray, so maybe I am not the best judge. The book took a long time to arrive, and I contacted 123Cheese support, who said they had a huge delay, but that they'd do what they could about getting my order in first. A few days after they emailed me telling me that my order was in production, it arrived in the mail, so the shipping part didn't take very long.

You can also tell about halfway through I really couldn't be bothered anymore. There are a few pages with lots of photos, a nice background, and a bit of a timeline. In the end, I just wanted to get it done so they could ship it in time for the wedding and just slapped together the remaining photos in any order. But shhhh, none of the other guests need to know. I also didn't have many photos, so I added some quotes I found online.

No comments: