Tuesday 20 January 2015

People I am Grateful For - B and C

I feel like a bit of a cop out, as looking at the word count provided by Wordpress, these posts are quite a lot shorter than my usual, so I'm combining two in one. Plus, that means this'll be over sooner and I can stop boring you all with them.

-------------------------------------------------------

You're an interesting one. I admit, I was scared of you for a very long time. You did not believe in kiddie gloves, and you never hesitated to give your honest opinion. At the time, I thought you were an asshole, but now I appreciate your honesty. You are still the best raid leader I have ever played with in any game. I remember after spending hours wiping on Princess Huhuran, everybody was so demoralised and we were just waiting for the call to end it for the night. But you said, "No." You said, "Harden the fuck up." (I feel like there should be a comma in there or something because it looks like it is telling someone to use harden on the fuck up.) We persevered for another two hours, but we did it.

Since then, when I have struggled, I hear your voice in the back of my head. "HARDEN THE FUCK UP." I'm pretty sure I have a recording of it somewhere. Way better than those white text on a black background with a picture of a waterfall posters. You probably don't know it, but you've helped me push myself further than I ever thought I could go.

------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't call us the closest of friends, as we probably see each other about three or four times a year, but you are definitely on my 3am trip to the airport list. What I admire about you the most is that you are like social lubricant. You have this magical effect to bring people together, and make them have a great time, just by being there. Sometimes I worry that it exhausts you, and that you might not like people dragging you out to things, as you often say, "No, I don't want to go.... No..... No.... OK, fine, I'll go." But you're a big boy now, and you can make your own decisions.

In the earlier stages of my relationship with MrMan5.5, things weren't as easy as they are now. I think we were still finding out feet, and we weren't as comfortable with each other. You probably felt a bit like a third wheel, but I feel that having you around helped us develop our history, and grow closer to each other.

And the crazy ideas. So many crazy ideas. The one I remember the most was that game we were going to make, which would have been something like Dungeon Defenders crossed with Line Tower Wars. At least that's how I pictured it. But you indulged me in everything, nothing was too crazy for us. Maybe that just means that we're both crazy. Who knows?

You were the inspiration for my push last year, to go out and be more social. Doing that has given me a huge boost of confidence. I really hope you were able to find that in yourself as well last year.

So thank you for helping me find (and keep) the most important person in my life, and thank you for helping me be the person that I am today (even if it's a little crazy). I hope one day to be able to return the favour.

No comments: