Sunday 25 January 2015

People I am Grateful For - K, L, and M

I'm grateful to you for having a WoW buddy for so long! I'm actually grateful for you to have the courage to stand for the things that you really care about, because I care about them, too, I'm just not as vocal about it because I don't want to be that guy. I think it's awesome that when you play Democracy, you also can't stomach the thought of implementing some of the policies, even though it'll make things much easier for you in the long run, because they clash with your personal ideals.

I admire that you don't care about being called a hipster, and you'll do what you want anyway. I could never do that. I can totally picture you as a sassy black woman who "don't need no man to take care of her" because that's just how you are. You like your independence.

I'm also grateful for having you as a gaming buddy. We've gone through some pretty poor games together (lol, Archeage). Here's to many more weird and wonderful games in the future - and to us inevitably playing the next WoW expansion!

----------------------------------------

You were my first close male friend. When people ask if it's possible for a guy and a girl to be platonic friends, I wonder if we managed to pull it off. We were just two pals chilling, playing badminton, or Big 2. I felt like I could talk to you about everything (well, except things like periods, but I don't really want to talk about that with anyone, MrMan5.5 included). Even though I was a sad, tragic nerd, you always pushed me to do more exercise. There was the time you didn't have a textbook, so we ran all the way out to the bookstore to buy it, and all the way back. I thought I was going to die, but we made it back to class, barely.

We had a lot of fun times. Like that time in physics class where you were falling asleep, so you asked me to slap you. I didn't think you were joking, so I did, and it was a really loud slap that made the entire class stare at us. It was only afterwards that you told me that you were kidding. Oops! It wasn't all good times though. You asked me to take the UMAT with you, because you had your heart set on becoming a dentist, but you didn't want to do it alone. So I did. The day that the results came, I had the eagerness of someone who wanted to see what high scores they had achieved. I should have been a bit more sensitive to what you were going through. You were absolutely crushed when you opened your paper, and it was the first time I saw you cry. I'm kicking myself now for not helping you study for the test, how different things would have been. Sigh.

Unfortunately, your parents were moving back interstate, so at the end of Year 12, we bid farewell. And you were also the first guy to give me his number.... all six digits of it! So we never kept in touch. You also seem to share a first name with a lot of girls who like to pose in bikinis, so I always feel really seedy Googling you. For all the good times, Majump Jump.

----------------------------------------

I definitely feel that without you, I wouldn't have this cushy job that I currently have. You agreed to be one of my references, and one who actually holds a bit of clout in the development world, so I'm sure that has played a big part in my work history. It's not just that though, I think you were one of the other people who has helped bring me and MrMan5.5 closer together, with your penchant for ... interesting anime. I have to say, that can girls one was pretty funny, despite how fanservicey it was. Funny in a "This is such a strange thing to turn into an anime" kind of way.

But it has been encouraging to know that despite being a complete failure in the year that you got to know me, I have grown into a far more competent developer, maybe one day even AJ will feel that I am worth his time! It's something to strive for anyway.

Sometimes I think that MrMan5.5 and I are slowly following in your footsteps, and it's good to know that we have a nice future to look forward to. Congratulations for the recent developments in your life, I hope to hear more good news from your direction in the future! Thanks again for believing in me, or letting me believe in you who believes in me.

No comments: