Thursday 19 October 2017

A25 Pizzeria - A+


A new pizza restaurant opened just off Harrassment Hardware Lane, called A25 Pizzeria. During lunch, they have pizzas and pasta dishes for $15 (seafood is $2 extra). But the biggest thing that surprised me was that they had vegan cheese as an option!

I was going to order a salad, but as soon as I saw that, I had to order the Man's Man pizza (pork sausage, ham, salami, tomato sauce). It was really good! The base  wasn't as light as the pizza bases at 400 Gradi, and it's not that great when it's microwaved, but I don't even care, because they have vegan cheese. It said it was an extra $4, but they don't seem to have charged me for it, maybe because I asked for it to replace the cheese on the pizza, so they saved money on cheese? I don't know. Either way, it's the first time I've been to a non-vegetarian / hipster restaurant, and they've had vegan cheese and I'm so excited.

Will definitely return.

I always wondered what the etiquette around bringing your own cheese to a restaurant is. It always reminds me of this scene from season 1, episode 5 of The Guild:


Codex: Why is there a pack of cheese on the table?
Vork: Thank you for asking, Codex. The price difference here between a cheeseburger and a hamburger is $1. Now, if you divide 12 into $2.95, the cost of a pack of Kraft Deli Deluxe mild cheddar cheese slices, each slice costs 24.5 cents. If you bring your own cheese, that's a savings of 75.5 cents per burger. Anybody requiring cheese can pay me so accordingly. Go ahead and round up.
nico used to say I'm Codex, because I say "Sorry" all the time, but I don't say it as much anymore! I'm levelling up.

No comments: