Tuesday 10 October 2017

Mooncake Time


It's that time of the year, where you get to eat big small cakes filled with delicious lotus seed paste. Om nom nom. Mid-Autumn Festival, even though it's Spring in Melbourne at the moment, but I'm not going to complain, because it means mooncakes are here again!

I've been feeling a bit down lately. Race day is on Sunday, and I did my last pre-race 10km run. By the 8km mark, I started to panic and I felt like I couldn't do it. It seems my mind is completely ignoring the fact that I've done it so many times now that I'm pretty sure I can. Suddenly it got so hard to breathe, and my legs felt so heavy.

I spoke to A about it, and he said it's pretty normal to feel pre-race jitters. He asked me a few weeks ago how I felt going into the race, and I said I was about 80% confident I could finish it. Now I feel about 40%. I'm starting to second guess any weird feeling in my legs. I've actually had a huge craving to get back on the ice for the past few weeks, but I don't want to risk injuring myself before race day. I've even decided that I'm not going to go to the gym again between now and Sunday. I'll do a 5km run tomorrow morning, and barre on Thursday, then it's just rest and relaxation until The Run.

When I realised it was mooncake time, I decided that was going to be my reward for finishing the race. I don't care about the medal, or beating a personal best. I just want to eat mooncake. And the best kind are the ones that are plain lotus paste - don't listen to anyone who tries to give you one with an egg yolk, or four (ewwww).

The countdown to race day begins. T-minus 4 days...

No comments: