Wednesday 11 October 2017

Orange Ya Glad I Exist?


It was Modduck who first introduced me to this cake. As a fellow allergic-to-dairy person, he and I often share dairy-free foods, and whenever one of us buys / makes a cake for work, we'll often make sure to have a dairy-free alternative for the other as well, which is really nice.

Le Petit Gâteau is where it's from, and the orange cake is really nice, despite being dairy and gluten free.


I never even knew I liked candied orange peel until I tried this cake. It's a bit pricey, at $8.90 for a slice, but I think it's definitely worth it.

I don't really know what else to say today, I'm mentally exhausted. Oh, good news, I finally have motivation to study French again (somewhat related to today's post, as the store has a French name - The Little Cake (Google translate says The Cupcake, but then offers le cupcake for a translation of that. I'm trying to rely less on Google translate, after the_boss made a bad-sounding comment to a French co-worker (accidentally!) due to a poor translation (although I don't know how much of that was also due to his poor pronunciation, and the fact that he likes to troll people))). Fortunately, she took it in her stride and just laughed. I have no idea what he was trying to say, but he kept insisting that "Google translate told me to say that!"

MrMoustache said he's going to go back to learning Greek, and since I like leaderboards, it motivates me to go back to learning French. He's currently level 7, and I'm only level 5, so I have a bit of catching up to do. Super Chris is my other target, but he's so far out of my league (7k exp to my 1k) that I'll keep my goals small for now.

It's been a while since I fired up Duolingo, and a lot seems to have changed since last time. One of the things that I looked forward to doing the most was translating texts into English. Unfortunately, I never got good enough at Italian to be able to start that, and the feature seems to be gone now. Plus, the app has a lot more ads than I remember, but I don't really mind, as the courses are free.

The other stupid thing I did today was decide to replace the lenses in my glasses instead of getting new ones. So now I'm without glasses for up to two and a half weeks. All because I didn't like any of the frames they had in the store. #firstWorldProblems

I think there's just too much happening at the moment, and my brain is too tired to process anything properly. A sad thing happened this morning. I injured my foot on my run. It wasn't even very far, only 3kms in. I iced it in the morning, and it's feeling better now, but it's already psyching me out for Sunday, and A said the hardest part of running is getting past the mental block. I don't think I'll go to barre tomorrow, just going to stretch and stretch and stretch until Sunday. The cake was a much needed morale booster.

No comments: